About yogurt marinade--it makes a big difference!
I have been craving for Indian food for a long time. The only problem was that I couldn't find those spices! Recently I found a nice indian supermarket nearby and I am so thrilled! Yep, I will try all my indian recipes, one by one.
- 1/2 cup thick plain whole-milk yogurt such as Greek
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated (with a rasp) peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely grated (with a rasp) garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Stir together all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl, then add chicken, stirring to coat. Marinate, covered and chilled, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Put chicken in preheated 550F oven, and let it bake for 5 to 7 minutes total.
I put the chicken pieces on top of lemon spinach--I can't eat meat without veggies. :)