Chicken Tikka

About yogurt marinade--it makes a big difference!


I have been craving for Indian food for a long time. The only problem was that I couldn't find those spices! Recently I found a nice indian supermarket nearby and I am so thrilled! Yep, I will try all my indian recipes, one by one.

Ingredient:

  • 1/2 cup thick plain whole-milk yogurt such as Greek
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon finely grated (with a rasp) peeled fresh ginger
  • 1 teaspoon finely grated (with a rasp) garlic
  • 3/4 teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice mix)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes

Preparation

  1. Stir together all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl, then add chicken, stirring to coat. Marinate, covered and chilled, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
  2. Put chicken in preheated 550F oven, and let it bake for 5 to 7 minutes total.

I put the chicken pieces on top of lemon spinach--I can't eat meat without veggies. :)



Comments