Guacamole And Toasted Pita Chips

About guacamole--try to add some fresh corn, pinenuts, or sun-dried tomatoes, and you will find this classic dish exciting again!

Toasted Pita Chips
I love Trader Joe's whole wheat pita bread. Somehow it's not as bitter as other whole wheat products, and it has a very nice wheat aroma. I simply toasted them on my pizza stone--they came out really crispy and delicious!
Guacamole

I have to confess, I used Trader Joe's guacamole kit, and why not? You get all the tiny pieces of ingredients in a nice box (right portion too!), and all you have to do is to blend!

In case you want to start from very scratch, here is the recipe: )
Ingredients:

  • 2 avocadoes
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 2 pearl onions
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • juice of one lime
  • salt and pepper to taste

    Blend everything together, and add your favorite twist. You get yourself a very nice weekday snack!

Comments