Solid yogurt with cardamon and cranberry honey sauce..
I added my own twist by pouring cranberry honey sauce on top. :)
Gelatin can make yogurt solid. It tastes quite different..
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (from 1 envelope)
- Pinch ground cardamom
- dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon mild honey (preferably orange blossom)
- Small pinch cinnamon
Special equipment: a 1-cup ramekin (4 inches across and about 2 inches deep)
- Whisk together yogurt, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Put water in a very small saucepan and tilt pan so that water is on one side, then sprinkle gelatin and cardamom evenly over water. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Heat mixture over low heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved, about 30 seconds. Whisk hot gelatin into yogurt until combined well.
- Pour yogurt into ramekin and chill, covered, until set, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Bring dried cranberry, honey, and cinnamon to a simmer in cleaned very small saucepan, stirring, then simmer about 1 minute. Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around edge of ramekin to loosen pudding, then dip ramekin into a bowl of hot water 30 seconds and invert pudding onto a plate. Spoon syrup over pudding and arrange orange around side.
Yam"cream" with almond, mint and champaign grapes
The yam was baked, mashed and mixed with port wine. Good match!