My bread basket--Baguette

I couldn't believe that I got this baguette right the very first time I tried it!! Some people call it "beginners' luck", but I think it's not luck, it's the extra care every beginner takes to learn a new recipe.
For example, the recipe calls for a 12 hour "poof" time. I waited till a weekend to set it up and carefully compared every step to the textbook. If this couldn't guarantee a success, I don't know what does. :)
So please read the step-by-step instruction and try to understand the rationale behind it. These heavenly home-made baguettes are just hours away!!
The crispy skin can sing right out of the oven!


Yet it's soft inside. Those evenly distributed holes are an indication of success.


That's why I love King Arthur. Not only do they have great products, they also have great education resources for a new baker like me! Please click here to see the detailed instructions.

Comments

Cynthia said…
Perfection and I agree with you: ...I think it's not luck, it's the extra care every beginner takes to learn a new recipe